The Parents Connect 3D Pregnancy Widget

Monday, December 1, 2008

THANKSGIVING

I had Thanksgiving at home in Stanton with my parents and sister who came home from Austin for the weekend. It was a small Thanksgiving this year. Everyone has different things going this year. It was weird, but understandable, of course. I drove over early on Thanksgiving morning with the pups. As soon as I got there, I started cooking. I had planned to make dessert for my family and Kelly's so I had a lot of baking to do! I made two Pumpkin Rolls and a Chocolate Sheath Cake (Mom's recipe). It all turned out REALLY good! Even though there were only four of us at my parents house, we had a lot of great food and had a good time! I spent all day with them and then around 3:30, Kelly got off work. I drove back to Midland and had Thanksgiving with his dad and brother. Another good meal. We had a good time and enjoyed seeing everyone! I wish we could have made it to Big Spring to see the rest of Kelly's family, but I'm sure we'll see them here in a few weeks for Christmas so it's ok!

The rest of the weekend turned out nice. When my sister came in, we went and ate lunch at Olive Garden and went shoe shopping! Got some cute new shoes that were on sale! :) Then, the day after Thanksgiving my mom and I went shopping in the afternoon. I know we're crazy, but we weren't in any kind of rush and didn't let the crowd get to us. It wasn't too bad. We got a lot of Christmas shopping done and out of the way. Saturday night, Kelly and I met up with my parents and sister at Pizza-ria Venti and had some awesome Italian food and wine. After we ate, we went back to my house and played some games. We played Uno and Apples to Apples. Fun times! The wine made it a little more interesting...haha! Sunday, Kelly and I headed to Stanton for breakfast and to tell my sister bye. Breakfast was AWESOME! My mom cooked waffles, bacon, and eggs. MMMMM!! After we ate and said bye, we went Christmas shopping back in Midland for a while. Then, we came home and put up the tree and decorations. I had a great Thanksgiving weekend. Two more weeks of work and I'm out for Christmas break! I'm sure I'll get to see more people for Christmas. Can't wait! :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Now.....Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :)

No comments: