The Parents Connect 3D Pregnancy Widget

Friday, October 17, 2008

Wedding Stuff

I've already gotten so much accomplished and we've only been engaged for 2 months! :) Can you say, "EXCITED"!!!!??

The Place: Cuthbert Mansion. If you haven't seen this place, you're going to LOVE it. It's a pretty interesting place. It used to be an old movie theater here in Midland. They have converted it into a wedding shop/wedding venue. The front of the building has everything you need for a wedding. The dresses, the tuxedos, flowers, decorations, etc. There is even a travel agent there to plan your honeymoon. In the back of the building, there are two HUGE rooms. A ballroom and a chapel. They are absolutely breath taking. We have rented both the ballroom and the chapel for the wedding. They are right next to each other separated with beautiful french doors. Both rooms look similar, but the ballroom is a little bigger. The inside of the rooms are very elegant. The floors are those white polished tiles. There are HUGE, beautiful chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. Along the walls are HUGE white columns. It just looks awesome. I'm so excited to be getting to have my wedding there! When it gets closer to time, all I have to do is go pick out my flowers and decorations and they will do it all for us! Check it out for yourself. http://www.weddingsbydesigntx.com/

The Dress: I have already gotten my dress! It's already being altered. Very exciting. I got it at the Cuthbert Mansion. I can't say much about it, except it's perfect! ;)

The Entertainment: I have asked Ryan if the Mark McKinney band would like to play a few acoustic songs during the wedding. Also, I have hired a DJ. This is going to be a blast. Lots of good music.

The Wedding Party: Kelly and I both decided that we wanted a small wedding party that was just immediate family. Maid of Honor-Kelsey Coggin (My sis)/Bridesmaid-Monica Coggin (My sister-in-law)/Best Man-Tyler Wade(Kelly's brother)/Groomsman-Ryan Coggin(My brother)/Flower girls-Roxy McKinney and Cypress McKinney(My little cousins)/Ring bearer-Jagger McKinney(cousin). Our preacher is going to be Mike Harris from Stanton.

Catering: Bonnie Franklin from Stanton. I heard her food is amazing! We are actually meeting with her this weekend to make plans.

The Cakes: We've got them ordered. A lady named Leslie, who has a very good rep here in Midland, is doing them. I don't want to reveal too much about the cakes, but you will love them! They will be very different.

Wedding Theme: The main colors of the wedding are tropical blue and black. My flowers are going to be hot pink and orange. The theme of the wedding is going to be "Paris". You will notice that there will be lots of "French accents" during the preparation and at the actual wedding. I LOVE the Eiffel Tower. You will see these a lot as well as the Fleur de lis, lots of black lace, and other things such as French foods and wine.

That's what I've got so far! You could say that I've gotten most of the wedding planned out already! Haha! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great to know about wedding stuff that we should know before planning big day. I have already booked one of famous NYC wedding venues and now searching for wedding theme online. Going to order 3-tier wedding cake today only at one of reputed bakers of city!